This full time position is located in Lansing , NY; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are looking for a passionate Maintenance Mechanic who wants to help the world thrive!
This position offers a competitive benefit package including a rate of pay of $20.73 per hour. Successful candidate must be able to work all shifts. Applicants should achieve a rating of at least of 70% or above on the entry level mechanic evaluation.
Primary duties for the position will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Safe installation, assembly, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair of stationary system, pumps, septic tanks, mobile equipment and vehicles such as loaders, roof scalers, drills, feeder breaker, conveyers, crushers, screeners, load out systems and utility vehicles.
- Material handling, housekeeping, parts procurement and assignments as directed by a supervisor.
- Must be able to work on surface or underground.
- Possession of journeyman certification as an electrician is an plus.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Ability to interpret and understand reports, safety/operating procedures & other policies and procedures and utilize equipment checklist.
- Must have basic skills in the repair and troubleshooting of the following areas: diesel systems, 12 & 24-volt electrical systems
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- At least 2 years of experience in mechanic maintenance roles.
- Must exhibit skills in cutting, welding and fabrication
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to perform lubrication, servicing and minor maintenance for equipment related to the classification
- Able to work overtime
- Successful completion of accredited trade school or 3 years practical experience as an industrial mechanic.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems.
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning).
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.