Government Account Manager - San Bernadino, CA
#REC10014917 | Updated: Jun 19, 2019
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: San Bernardino, , California, United States, 92401
INDUSTRY: Telecommunications / Wireless
CATEGORY: Business Development
SALARY: $122,000.00 - $145,000.00 / year
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years
TRAVEL: All the time
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Negotiable
WORK ELIGIBILITY: US Citizen
Our Government Sales organization is expanding and seeking a qualified Government Account Manager to develop relationships and drive business in our Government/Federal accounts. Our ambitious and resilient Government Account Managers specifically implement solution-based sales strategies and uncover new business opportunities. In addition to selling existing wireless voice and data solutions, the Government Account Manager will help launch a new array of fixed-mobile convergence solutions in the region.
Our Government Account Managers are self-motivated and entrepreneurial; however we will provide all the training and support you need to do your job well. In this role, you will develop new business within your assigned base of accounts through a consultative approach. As you develop your account module, you will help your customers with strategic direction on mobility solutions, deployment planning and cost analysis.
The nature of the Government Account Manager position is high-spirited and entrepreneurial. It offers substantial growth and opportunity to those who thrive in a competitive and fast-paced work environment. Proactive and responsible, these team members also relish the autonomy required to prioritize and troubleshoot on their own in an ever-changing professional field. The best Government Account Managers are aggressive, knowledgeable, and persuasive sales pros who don't easily take “no” for an answer. They make providing the very best customer service priority one.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
• New business development within assigned account base
• Fearless cold calling
• Devising creative and effective sales approaches and solutions
• Professional networking
• Skillfully closing sales
• Creating winning proposals
• Customer service (and delight!)
• 3+ years selling to Federal/Government accounts is required
• Strong executive contacts
• Demonstrated history of sales achievements
• Highly motivated by an aggressive compensation plan
• Sharp presentation and written communication skills
• Sales skill necessary to meet or exceed sales goals and objectives
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Serious work ethic
• Must have a valid Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance
• Wireless, telecom or technology industry experience (preferred)
• High school diploma/GED
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Ability to work in the field up to 90% of the time within your local geographic territory
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume.
Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.
Competitive base pay plus commissions
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Generous paid time-off programs
Phone service discounts
Serious growth potential for your career