This full time position is located in Lansing, NY ; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We are looking for a passionate Electrician who wants to help the world thrive!
The Mine Electrician repairs electrical equipment that requires the power to be shut off, thereby stopping production. Thus the employee works weekend periods when the mine is not scheduled to produce salt.
This will include the electrical components of: belt moves, change out components, breakers, switches, relocate and install fans, hang cables and ensure that the electrical work is performed in a safe manner while complying with all state, federal and company rules and regulations as they pertain to the electrical components in the mine situation.
All employees are responsible for inspecting the vehicles they are going to be using as well as for inspecting / scaling the area they are to be working.
This position offers a competitive benefits package. The hourly pay range is $20.73 - $24.37 DOE plus shift differential.
A signing bonus may be offered but is dependent on experience and scoring on entry level testing.
Successful candidate must be able to work any shift if needed.
The schedules for this position are:
Thu - Fri from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm and Sat - Sun from 12:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Mon - Tues from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm and Sat - Sun 12:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
The Mine Electrician works under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Primary duties for the position will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, variable frequency drives, and communication systems.
- Housekeeping, parts procurement and assignments as directed by a supervisor.
- Work on surface or underground.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- We require that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to read/write English
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including electrician.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- At least (6 months) of experience in production related work.
- At least (2 years) of experience as electrician or working in electrical roles.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to work overtime.
- Able to perform physical job duties including open/close valves.
- Forklift certified.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.